APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED FOR PD Grants
(September 2018 - January 2019)
Starting September 21, 2018
The PD Committee continues to strive to address individual teachers’ professional development needs. This school year we will be continuing the administration of the program of PD grants. There will be thirty grants available for the 2018-2019 school year, fifteen in each of the two cycles.
The committee accepts grant applications in two cycles during the year. Applications will be accepted and reviewed for the first half of the year, September 2018 to January 2019, with a second round of applications being accepted for review early in February for the cycle of February 2019 to August 2019. This will allow teachers to apply for a grant for summer PD as well as during the school year. An email will be sent out to all teachers in September and February about submitting grant applications. Applications will be considered in the order they are submitted.
There are fifteen grants available in each of the two cycles. If all fifteen are not claimed in the first term, they will be added to the second cycle. Unsuccessful candidates will be put on a waiting list in the event some teachers are not able to use their grant.
Guidelines For PD Grant Application
1) Grant applications must relate directly to district goals, school goals, or the current assignment of the teacher. Masters
courses are not eligible for this grant.
2) Application forms may be found here:
3) Applications will be reviewed by the PD Committee in the order they are sent.
4) A maximum of thirty applications will be approved.
5) Teachers are eligible to apply for a $500 PD Grant every two years. If you received a grant in 2017-18, you will not be eligible
for one in the 2018-2019 school year.
6) Teachers will be reimbursed after they attend their event and have submitted the grant expense claim form and original
receipts to the PD Chair. Scanned or photocopied receipts are not eligible for submission. The Chair will sign off on
the receipts and pass them on to the Local Treasurer. The Treasurer will send monies directly to individual teachers.
7) Teacher resources and TOC costs are NOT eligible for the PD grant. Eligible expenses include transportation, registration,
meals, and accommodations costs.